Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hoodoos All Around

It's been a short week, but have seen some great places non the less.

Will write shot, because I've got to check out.

Started with a 4 hour drive to Zion National Park, Where I spent the night out. Zion park is not an easy place to photograph. Although the views are good and very interesting, it's hard to translate then into well balanced compositions.





Got there around the evening, but didn't really find myself.





Sunrise in the Stone Canyon. Was a nice one, with some good clouds.



For the next Sunset, I drove to Bryce Canyon National Park , to spend two Sunsets and two Sunrises. Before the week ends.

I have to say, I've seen great places on this trip, but Bryce is one of the spectacular ones. Took me a while to start photographing. Bryce is the Highest point in the grand Staircase, which consists of The Grand Canyon NP (lowest), Zion NP, and Bryce NP. A Canyon full of Hoodoos. That's the name they gave to thousands of spires/fingers/arrows that just come out of the ground.




Hoodoos glow in Sunrise light.



Hoodoos up close. Not so small as from the viewpoints.


Antelope crossing.



Sunrise over the Canyon.



Las Vegas was my stop for the weekend where a very nice and kind family (and a congregation) gave me the feeling of a home. Vegas is a very interesting city, next to the famous strip there are real people and real lives. It's a totally different place in day and in night. The city is so strip and gambling oriented that if you give food to someone on the street, you just might get a fine. just great.


Couldn't resist the cliche. Zoom pull during exposure.

Miles count: 3935.8

Just a few more days left, oh my.. will try to absorb as much nature as possible before arriving to the opposite, New York City.


Cheers..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Easy to understand,I like it!